DATE AND PRICE
Every Tuesday starting August 26, 2014
Double room - $950 per person / Single room - $1150 per person
DAY 1 – ARRIVE IN ISTANBUL
Meet your guide at the Ataturk airport and transfer to your hotel. You will have the rest of the day to relax before dinner.Dine at your leisure. Overnight in Istanbul.
DAY 2 – ISTANBUL
In the morning, visit the Topkapi Palace Museum (excluding Harem), Blue Mosque, Hippodrome of Constantinople, the Basilica Cistern (Yerebatan Sarayi) and Hagia Sophia Museum which are under protection by Unesco World Heritage program. In the afternoon cruise on the Bosporus and enjoy the best views Istanbul has to offer as well as most of its historical monuments. Late afternoon, spend some leisure time at the Grand Bazaar.Overnight in Istanbul. (Breakfast and dinner)
DAY 3, 4 – CAPPADOCIA
After breakfast, we will take a morning flight from Istanbul to the Kayseri Airport. Spend the rest of the day discovering this fantastic region by walking, driving and photographing. Enjoy the unique landscapes of wind and rain-eroded volcanic rock formations Visit the Goreme Valley, an outdoor museum of rock-sculpted churches adorned with biblical frescoes under protection by Unesco World Heritage program. Visit of Devrent Valley with a lunar landscape, Zelve open air museum with old houses and churches carved in rocks, Pasabaglari, Pigeon valley, Uchisar rock-castle.In the afternoon, visit an ancient Underground City. We will also visit ancient handicraft shops and local artisans weaving carpets, producing an abundance of beautiful pieces of ceramics and pottery works. Vine tasting in a local vinery. Enjoy folkloric entertainment during a show in a troglodyte bar.
OPTIONAL: In the early morning, experience an optional ride in a hot air balloon over the breathtaking and unforgettable landscapes of Cappadocia.
DAY 5 – ISTANBUL
This morning you will then be taken to the Kayseri airport for your return flight to Istanbul. Upon arrival, a driver will take you to your Hotel to check-in.
The remainder of the day will be free to explore the city on your own. Dinner will also be on your own.
DAY 6 – DEPART
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your return flight. (Breakfast)
Please Note: The order of events may vary and if time permits we will do much more.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Private tour with guide/driver/mini-van or car
- All hotel accommodations throughout the tours
- Dinner (except on Day 1 and 5 in Istanbul)
- All scheduled lectures, shows and performances
- All entrance fees to museums, ancient cities and sightseeing excursions as set forth in the itinerary
- Domestic air from Istanbul to Cappadocia and return.
- All baggage handling for check-ins and check-outs in hotels and in the airports
- All hotel tips to hotel services
- All local and hotel taxes
- One folkloric show with all drinks included
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Tips for guides and driver
- Wine and beverages on most meal menus
- Tour cancellation insurance
- Room service, laundry, telephone call and personal items